Gooooooooood Evening! I hope you all are having a GREAT week! Mine has been busy and awesome. Between work and trying out a new workout (blog post to follow) I decided to get a little creative. A few days ago I got a box from SUPERVALU INC. with 10 different WILD HARVEST products. The products were sent to me s part of a challenge. I had to pick three of the products to use to create a delicious and healthy breakfast food. I was super excited about the challenge. WILD HARVEST will pick 5 finalists and the winner will be announced at the Healthy Living Summit. I decided I wanted to make a breakfast bar. It is perfect for my busy lifestyle. Since I am working two jobs this summer and trying to fit in preparing healthy meals and working out on top of that, something that I can grab on the way out the door is perfect for me! I also wanted to create a recipe with simple ingredients and that didn’t involve a lot of work. I wanted something I could whip up fairly quickly on a Sunday night and not have to worry about breakfast for the rest of the work week. I think it was a success!
I chose to use these three WILD HARVEST ingredients:
WILD HARVEST applesauce, cheery vanilla granola and creamy peanut butter.
I also used a few other ingredients from my pantry.
Dark chocolate chips, homemade vanilla extract, organic honey and salt.
Here is the recipe:
1. Preheat your own for 350.
2. Line a brownie pan with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray.
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together 1/2 a cup of WLLD HARVEST apple sauce, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1/4 of a cup of WILD HARVEST creamy peanut butter.
4. Then add 2 cups of WILD HARVEST cherry vanilla granola, a 1/2 a cup of dark chocolate chips and a few shakes of salt.
5. Spread out the mixture evenly on in the pan.
6. Bake for 25 minutes and then let them cool for about 15 minutes.
7. Cut onto bars and enjoy!
These bars are simple, nutritious and amazing!! Adam is loving them and has already called dibs on a few for breakfast tomorrow. I’m pretty sure I know what I am having tomorrow for breakfast too!!!! Next time I have friends over for brunch, I think I will whip up a batch of these and send folks home with them as little favors. They are so easy to make and so tasty!