Hello! It is Friday!!!!! For the love of GOD, why did it take so long to get here?! Sorry for my absence last night, I have been feeling crappy! I am hoping it is just really bad allergies because I heard the pollen count has been astronomical the past few days.
Lunch yesterday was a “kitchen sink salad”. I made a salad out of all the stuff in my fridge that was on it ways out or I only had a little left of. It was a pretty awesome combo:
- Spring Mix
- Red bell peppers
- Brown rice
- Black beans
Good use of leftovers and delicious- win win!!! By the way- I have gotten asked why I leave the skin on my cucumbers. The answer is, I like the taste and that is where the majority of the fiber is in the cucumber.
After eating lunch I ventured out into downtown to by some allergy medicine. It was HOT, HOT outside! A random guy yelled to me, “Your sunglasses are bigger than your face!” as I walked by on the way to CVS. Gotta love downtown Boston! Yes, random guy, they are. That is how I roll!
Upon arriving home from work yesterday, I put in shorts and a tank top and crawled into my bed where I drifted in and out of sleep for about 3 hours.
Around 8pm, I got out of bed to go get sushi take out. It was so hot and I was not in the mood to make anything so sushi seemed like the best option. While driving to pick it up, my drivers side windshield wiper broke!! FANTASTIC!!! So there I am, on the side of the road in a freaking downpour in booty shorts and and tank top (I had not planned on getting out of the car- the restaurant has curb side pickup) trying to fix my wiper! As I was leaving the house I actually thought to myself, “I should really put on real clothes. What if something happens or I get pulled over?” But, of course I went against my better judgement and didn’t. The wiper was a lost cause, I was soaked and had to drive with neck stretched over to the passenger side because I could kind of see out of that side of the windshield. I am obviously able to laugh now- at the time not so funny. AT ALL!
Here is the sushi I risked my life and embarrassed myself in front of other motorists for:
Seaweed salad (my fav), 1/2 of a veggie roll, and 1/2 of a a Bruins roll (because I am a nerd) both rolls made with brown rice instead of white. I apologize for the bad photography. I was soaked and annoyed and didn’t really care.
After sushi I was in bed at 9pm. I slept 10 hours and still woke up feeling not so great. Although, as the day goes of I do feel a little better. Maybe it is allergies and the meds are helping?! I hope so!
Breakfast was simple. When I am not feeling well, I like simple eats. Kashi Go Lean Crunch, fat free milk and fresh blueberries with coffee.
- Tan and white printed cropped pants (J Crew)
- Olive silk ruffle tank (Target)
- Gold sparkly flats (Tj Maxx)
I realized that I refuse to let the ridiculous situations (like last night) that occur often in my life get me down. Seriously, I would say once a week something happens that causes me to think, “Only you, Al. Only you.” But that is what makes me interesting! In honor of that realization, here are some things I refuse to do:
1. I refuse to look back and not laugh at crazy things that happen to me!
Like my friend Colin and I getting attacked and bitten by red ants while getting photo’s taken after bestie May’s wedding ceremony.
2. I refuse to throw out my very first heat sheet I ever earned!
3. I refuse to grow up, even though I am 28 years old.
4. I refuse to not leave a tip even if service is bad.
5. I refuse to give up on dream to be able to do pull-ups like it is nothing.
6. I refuse to let my friends push through a difficult time alone when I can be there for them.
(running miles 14-20 of my friend Ashley’s marathon with her)
7. I refuse to EVER, EVER, EVER have visible panty lines, that is why thongs were invented, people!
8. I refuse to apologize for thinking I am capable, strong, smart, hilarious and gorgeous.
Because, honestly, how could I not love this girl! I am pretty amazing!
9. I refuse to let mean blog comments or e-mails get under my skin. Take that, energy vampires!!!
10. I refuse to let Kanye ruin any more of my special moments!
What are some things you refuse to do?