UGH! I could not fall asleep for the life of me last night! There were a few reasons for this:
1. I was freezing: I was shivering all night long! I was shivering so much at one point, I got a cramp in my back. I have no idea what the deal was, the heat was on and I was under a sheet, down comforter and a quilt that Adam’s Nana made us. Usually I am fine because I have Adam on one side of me and Oscar on the other, it is like sleeping between two furnaces!
2. My brain would not shut off: I was thinking about, all the work I have to get done this week, veils, wedding hair, centerpieces, flowers, trolleys (all things wedding).
3. I could NOT get comfortable: On my back, on my side, on my stomach, hands under the pillow, hands by my side, hands tucked in, hands behind my head, hands around my neck. Nothing felt comfortable!
I am not sure what time I feel asleep, but I know I was WIDE awake to see 3:00am roll around! After falling asleep, I woke up at 5am after having a nightmare. When alarm sounded, I woke up to feeling utterly exhausted!!!! Not just tired from lack of sleep but my body ached too. I was trying to figure out why my whole body seemed exhausted and then I realized I have worked out for 7 days straight! No wonder why I was sore and tired. I declared today a rest day. I knew I had to get up and get ready for work, lucky thing I had a great bargaining chip to get me up and at em’!
Yesterday morning, Adam used the rest of our crunchy Barney Butter and asked me jokingly about the little tiny bit stuck to the sides of the container, ” You want me to save this?”. I responded, “Are you out of your mind? Of Course!” I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!
Pumpkin Jar Oats! If jar oats with Barney Butter won’t help me get my utterly exhausted butt out of bed, I don’t know what will!
- 1/3 of a cup of oats
- 2/3 of a cup of almond milk
- 1/2 of a banana
- 2 spoonfuls of pumpkin
- Whatever Barney Butter I could get from the bottom and sides of the jar
- a drizzle of maple syrup
BEST OATS EVER! I loved how some bites had delicious little chucks of Barney Butter!!! YUMM YUMM!
Don’t you love my mug?! It looks like a more mature Oscar! I don’t know why but Oscar still looks like a puppy to me even though he is alomost 4 years old.
Today’s outfit: Somehow I managed to make it out the door looking human.
Gray Turtle Neck Sweater (GAP), Black Pin Strip Pants (GAP), Purple Suede Flats (Banana Republic).
In Other News:
1. Today’s Self Love Tip: Relax: I know, I know, practice what you preach! But, really, we all need to take the time to give ourselves some breaks every now and then. Take some time where you are literally doing NOTHING. Relaxing can be mental or physical. Sometimes, I struggle with both of these. Case and point: this post! I worked myself very hard physically for 7 days straight, and my mind had been going a mile a minute and now I am utterly exhausted today. No Bueno! I really need to listen to my own advice here, but hey, I am not perfect! I plan on spending a little time relaxing this evening!
2. GIVEAWAY TIME!!!! The fantastic people at Food Should Taste Good have offered to do a give away!!!! YAY!
One lucky FFF reader will receive 4 different types of thier 6oz. bags as well as some free bag coupons. Awesome, no?
Here is how to enter: Check out their website and comment on this post saying which four flavors you would most like to try!
You can get extra entries if you either facebook or tweet about this give away, or post it on your blog (if you have one) – each re-post will give you an entry. If you have done any (or all) of these extra entries, e-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you have done so and I will add another entry for you
Sounds GOOD (pun intended)? You have until tomorrow at 10 pm to enter! Good Luck!