It’s hard to believe that this was two years ago!
Adam and I have been together for almost 14 years, those years have all flown by. But our two years of marriage have flown by even faster than I could have ever imagined! We have had our good times, hard times, ups and downs. In the past two years I have learned a lot about myself, Adam, my relationship and marriage in general. Here is what I learned from marriage:
- I am VERY blessed to have such a supportive and loving husband. I really, really mean that.
- Forgiveness is key. Saying “I’m sorry” or “I was wrong” used to be so hard for me to say that I would choke on the words. I have had those words flying out of my mouth for the past two years. I am always met with forgiveness.
- The benefits of being married FAR outweigh the responsibilities.
- I have truly learned what “doing what is best for my family” really means and Adam was the one that taught me.
- My husband’s laugh will never fail to make me smile. It is unique and genuine.
- I have learned to become more considerate. Being married means 90% of my decisions directly effect Adam.
- No matter what happens throughout the day, kissing Adam goodnight is still my favorite part.
- Looking forward has way more benefits than looking back or focusing on past issues.
- Remember the little things that make your relationship unique and practice them as often as possible.
- Friendly competition makes marriage fun!
- People will give you a ton of marriage advice and about 80% of it won’t work for you. Do what works for you!
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. It’s small stuff for a reason.
- Marriage is NEVER 50/50. There are days when I can only give 10%, those are the days Adam carries me the other 90%.
- My husband is still the best looking guy I have ever laid eyes on.
Happy Anniversary to m favorite person on the planet! Love you times 1 million!
FFF Mom and Dad were sweet enough to get us an anniversary gift. I was psyched to unwrap a brand new Keurig this morning! I had mentioned that Adam and I really wanted to get one when we had some extra cash.
Thanks, Mom and Dad! Such a thoughtful gift!!
Ingredients: banana, spinach, fat free organic milk, peanut butter, coconut water, ice.
Are you married? If so, what have you learned about marriage so far?